Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Electric Water Heater Replacement on Constitution Drive in Independence Kentucky  (Read 3516 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile

We were called yesterday in regards to a water heater replacement. The location of this water heater issue was on Constitution Drive in Independence Kentucky, in the Independence Point subdivision. The problem was "no hot water" and there was some indication that a dip tube was involved. After asking the age of the water heater, "1994" it was definitely in the range of time where defective dip tubes were a problem. Here is a picture of the water heater when we arrived on site tonight:

Curiousity was killing the cat and we wanted to know firsthand if the dip tube was the actual cause of the issue.

This picture confirmed that the dip tube was defective, broke off flush with the threaded port.

The water heater was installed without much difficulty. The pressure reducing valve was defective on the main line along with the main shutoff. I would venture to say that this water heater over a period of years most likely had efficiency issues with the way it was heating water given the slow degredation of the failing dip tube.

Here is the new A.O. Smith water heater, a 50 gallon electric that was purchased from Wilder Winnelson. The water heater was not even $300.00 and they delivered it to the residence for $5.00! Worked out perfect for the homeowner, just wish I could of been there sooner to get it installed. Thank you for the tip!

Here is the picture of the newly installed water heater:

PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile

Nice work.   I like the idea of having the W/H delivered.      I may try that sometime.

Where Am I

• Member Ranking +8/-0
    • View Profile

the supply house i deal with will deliver anything over one hundred dollars for free. I just have them put it in the garage until i get there.

Rich