Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Grease Traps  (Read 1706 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Grease Traps
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »

Grease traps are normally seen in the old homes in the Northern Kentucky area, and they serve a good purpose when they are properly maintained. But for the most part they have been eliminated in new construction with the exception of commercial applications where food is either made/created or distributed.

A mandatory product that must be used in kitchens as the products that end in the drain can cause issues with the plumbing system over time.

A friend of mine in the area is interested in starting a business that caters to the cleaning of these grease traps, nothing else.

Now, I've been around these on different levels and it's a rough job indeed, but it pays well. It's like anything that follows the words DISGUSTING, it has to be cleaned in order to keep it operating properly.

I'm curious to see if someone would be willing for a commission to go around and clean these, and would the restaurants try this on the attitude of preventative maintenance instead of waiting till it completely stops up.

From the 'norm' that I deal with when it comes to plumbing...rarely does preventative maintenance exist and only when it breaks does anything get done to rectify the situation.
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION