Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Important Safety Tips about Working on Electric Water Heaters  (Read 1768 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Important Safety Tips about Working on Electric Water Heaters
« on: February 05, 2010, 10:34:31 PM »

On electric water heaters the majority have a upper and lower thermostat. These thermostats will be covered by a panel to prevent anyone from electrical shock.

Please view the video in regards to understanding the seriousness about these electric water heaters and how to work on them.

Keep in mind that thermostats on water heaters operate on 220 electric, meaning if you get in contact with that type of electricity, you're going to most likely get killed. Electric is something that should not be dealt with unless you are familar with its considerations.

In the video I did not feel comfortable even myself as it had been quite some time since I did that type of work detail. I might know what I'm doing, but it takes only one mistake inside the electric panel, one confusing move and there's no return from a fatal mistake.[/b]
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION