Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Marathon Water Heaters  (Read 2991 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Marathon Water Heaters
« on: March 10, 2010, 11:27:35 PM »

A topic about water heaters was brought up recently on facebook and the brand name Marathon Water Heaters was mentioned about the reliability against the common steel tanked water heaters.

http://www.marathonheaters.com/

http://www.marathonheaters.com/contractors.html

Here's the warranty on these water heaters:

YOUR MARATHON TANK IS WARRANTED NOT TO LEAK FOR AS LONG AS YOU OWN YOUR HOME*�
Marathon offers this no-leak promise because of its superior, non-metallic PermaGuard tank construction - a seamless blow molded polybutylene tank with a filament wound fiberglass outer tank for maximum strength. Superior performance, high-efficiency, and low operating cost for a lifetime!

The Marathon electric water heater offers these advantages:

Technologically advanced design is clearly differentiated from short lived steel water heaters.

It's the most durable water heater made, with a warranty to match

Envirofoam™ insulation is completely free of CFC and HCFC ozone depleting gases. Marathon leads the way in environmental friendly manufacturing, design and operation.

Tank comes complete with a factory installed vacuum relief valve, ¾" brass tee and ¾" brass nipple for easy, professional installations.

Replaceable brass drain valve

All wiring run in conduit for easy control wiring

Seamless blow molded polybutene tank with no anode rod required for a corrosion free life

High temperature, commercial-grade diptubes for greater durability

The filament wound fiberglass outer tank is designed to be more flexible and withstand more pressure than conventional tanks

Our unique high temperature dip tube is offset from the concave bottom, creating a "whirlpool effect" which helps prevent sediment build-up

Every tank includes 4' of pipe insulation for even greater savings.

For complete specifications of all models, click here:  http://www.marathonheaters.com/cons_specs.html

Dunbar Plumbing hasn't had the opportunity to install this brand water heater before but we have worked around them, making changes to water piping associated with this water heater.

This water heater is relatively expensive and the majority of water heater installs we perform are almost always "minimum" costs to get hot water restored in the home.

Here are the locations for purchasing "locally" in the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area:

Kentucky
Blue Grass Energy, Nicholasville, KY (859) 885-4191
Comforter Energy Management, Elizabethtown, KY  (270)765-5045
Cockrell Industries, West Paducah, KY  (270)443-3887         

Ohio and Indiana have very distant locations from where one of these units can be obtained.

The locations for Kentucky are also very distant from the Northern Kentucky area. Owen Electric was a local electrical supplier for areas where the normal electric grids could not supply. Quite a few residents that were aware of this type of heater took advantage of this due to the fact the electric company allowed payments on the purchase of the water heater to be added to their electric bill.

Any customers interested in purchasing this type of water heater should contact one of the above phone numbers to gain information about purchasing one of these Marathon Water Heaters. Marathon Water Heaters are designed by the Rheem http://www.rheem.com/

PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Marathon Water Heaters
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:59:46 PM »

I think the concept is good for close to the same price I would install them.    The trouble is electrics by there nature last a long time.     so I would go the cheep route.     Even for my own home.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »

Agreed. The electric water heater I installed saturday I believe was only $300.00, tops!

PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:20:17 PM »

The one thing I should do is put a full port ball valve for a boiler drain.      Then when the sediment gets above the lower element I could still flush them out maybe.