Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Zoeller Sump Pump Replacement on Ethan Drive Burlington Kentucky  (Read 2044 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile

Tonight at 11pm we recieved an emergency call for a sump pump failure. Told the customer we could resolve the problem tonight as he mentioned 2 other plumbing companies could not arrive until tomorrow late am.

Early bird got the worm, no doubt. This customer wanted peace of mind before going to sleep not having to worry about their basement flooding through the course of the night. I simply do not blame them either. I would want the problem resolved asap so I didn't have to worry.

We installed the Zoeller N53 series sump pump along with an adjustable add-on switch. The pump that came out? M53 without any hole drilled in the discharge pipe between the check valve and the discharge port. The customer mentioned that he had done some extensive reading that mentioned this necessity for a 3/16" hole to prevent air lock. Can't even begin to count how many times this hole is not drilled in the piping, and too many times we arrive at the home where the pump is actually running, just that the pump ran for hours and had a large air bubble in the impeller chamber and did not have the ability to push the check valve open.

This situation was the result of the initial installing plumber not doing their job correctly.  :(
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:09:43 AM by DUNBAR PLUMBING »
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION