Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Mechanical Stair Climber  (Read 21981 times)

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
Mechanical Stair Climber
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:18:54 AM »

what this country needs is a mechanical stair climber on our drum machines!!!!    I called Mytana and asked about it.    They said they have often thought about it but they are worried about liability.      Now I only talked to a service rep so who knows if this is true.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:56:27 PM by DUNBAR PLUMBING »
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanical Stair Climber
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »

what this country needs is a mechanical stair climber on our drum machines!!!!    I called Mytana and asked about it.    They said they have often thought about it but they are worried about liability.      Now I only talked to a service rep so who knows if this is true.

You know me, I already thought about this.

What it would involve is a low rpm motor that is geared like the bulldog gear in a transmission. A conversion to 12 volt so no cord is involved. The only "real" practical purpose is lifting the machines up the steps, not so much down.

The problem is what it will do to steps, and I would believe you would have to still assist the machine as well. My Spartan 300 has belts in the back built-in to slide across, but you really have to tilt that machine back to make them touch the steps, which almost proves them useless.

If I had a clean garage, and time, I like making inventions...just don't have the time when my focus is so internet based these days.

A slow time in business doesn't usually make you want to go build toys in the garage. Both wheels would have to be geared...and the luxury of it geared down would allow the machine resistance as it goes down the steps, turning the motor.
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:50:39 PM »

That is just what I was thinking.     Most staires I go up are crappy so I'm not worried about hurting them.          I thing I'll give it a try.      My belted staire climbers are useless.

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »

I haven't given up on the staire climber.      I think it may be worth buying a dolly already set up and just strap the machine to it.      then you could use it for W/H's and what not

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 12:00:08 AM »

Set it up in a way that you can use the motor that is gear to bring it up slowly, the ability to let it slowly come down the steps as well.

Sort of like a motor brake of sorts. I had an idea on the table about this design using a 12 volt battery and a low rpm motor that's geared to turn real slow.

Granted, whatever the tires were made of had to be of a type that didn't leave black rubber marks all over like the sole of your shoes.

What's amazing is I haven't done a whole lot of drain cleaning lately, not much at all.  :wtf:

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »

I've been doing quite a bit I just pulled a 5 gallon bucket of roots out of a drain yesturday.      1 root was about 8 feet

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 01:20:54 PM »

When the summertime hits I really slow down on drain cleaning. I'm not complaining because I'm in shorts, sweating profusely and if I do a service call cleaning drains in the morning, I have to go back to the shop and take a shower, get cleaned up as to not freak out my next customer between the sights and smells.

Plus I need to do work to all 3 of my machines at this point.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 10:09:25 PM »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:46:46 PM by Gazmanafc »