Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Braided Stainless Steel Toilet and Faucet Supply Lines  (Read 21686 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Braided Stainless Steel Toilet and Faucet Supply Lines
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:53:08 PM »

Does everyone pretty much use these now? I've been using them now for about 10+ years without any issues, feels safe to :bedtime2: at night as well.

At one time I was using Durapro stainless steel supply lines but got scared of that super thin rubber washer that was the sealing point of the connection. Fluidmaster to me seems like one of the best supply lines built for durability.

In draw comparison from Watts to Fluidmaster, Watts has a close mesh pattern on their braid. Fluidmaster has a superior crimp connection/termination points at either end of their supply line but their open stainless braid, showing a great deal of the polyvinyl tubing under that stainless steel concerns me.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:01:39 PM by DUNBAR PLUMBING »
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Braided Stainless Steel Toilet and Faucet Supply Lines
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:01:09 PM »

One type supply line that is commonly bought without people realizing the supply isn't stainless steel, is the supply lines sold at Home Depot.

Those are of a polymer braid, even though they look dead on stainless steel. Somehow I'll end up with those supply lines on the truck every now and then by accident, using them in a pinch when needed in a after hours scenario.

Watts supply lines have a very tight/dense stainless steel mesh pattern that completely covers the interior tubing inside the supply line. A very durable product and the different sizes (6", 9", 12", 16", 20", 30") work very well in hard to reach areas or in areas where it is difficult to move around fixed positions, being the supply line coming through the wall or the connection of the faucet.

We'll post some pictures of the stainless steel supply lines we use on a regular basis at Dunbar Plumbing. We will not use inferior products, even if the customer supplies us with the product.

If we do not feel comfortable with the product, we reserve the right to protect both of our interests in the matter of liability. 

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 06:11:47 PM »

I've been using them quite a while.          They may last they may not.     I think delta is having trouble with there pull out faucets.     im sure it's way different.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »

I've been using them quite a while.          They may last they may not.     I think delta is having trouble with there pull out faucets.     im sure it's way different.

I haven't heard of this......you mean the PEX C supply lines? I didn't think Delta made braided supply lines.

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 11:26:56 AM »

for the single handle pull out spout.     

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 04:23:04 PM »

for the single handle pull out spout.   

I replaced one of those about 2 months ago. Clogged, and had a hard kink inside of the hose that kept it from flowing correctly.

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 08:04:54 PM »

It may not have been clogged with foreign stuff.       It may have been the hose collapsing.     I replaced one a few days ago.    $53.00 my cost