Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Port-o-Lets and Temporary Restroom Products - Considerations?  (Read 3147 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile

Has anyone ever thought about getting into this type of business?

Most times, the idea revolves around companies that pump/remove sewage waste. That's exactly what Port-o-Lets require as the sanitary wastewater has to be disposed of in the units.

Not only that, but what happens these days is outdoor events are always trying to hedge rock bottom, or the "best" deal when it comes to the use of these units.

Read more...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 02:02:13 AM by DUNBAR PLUMBING »
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Port-o-Lets and Temporary Restroom Products - Considerations?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:11:45 AM »

I've seen where events will greatly reduce the number of temporary restrooms just to keep the event financially profitable.

The cost of these units are not cheap, take up a considerable amount of room on a truck designed for these units and the work to load, deliver, drop, locate and retrieve can be quite difficult. A second vehicle will first have to remove the liquid waste from the units before transporting.

Cleaning of the units is most likely the most undesirable job there is. Once loaded up and heading back to the warehouse where the devices are stored, repeat the entire process above.

I believe this to be the number one reason why there are only a limited group of businesses from state to state that provide this product.

In regards to restroom trailers, I believe this product is by far a better design, offers a better design for the clientell using the units and keeps the idea of a normal restroom in direct line with the cleanliness of a public bathroom seldom has.

These mobile restrooms are high cost. I'm sure there are mandated regulations that keeps ideas of building a self designed trailer with toilets impossible, due to politics and the best interest of public safety.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:17:11 AM »

Here are some examples of restroom trailers

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 02:27:30 AM »

Handicap Port-o-Lets, or Handicap Portable Restrooms are a common product now used at the majority of many events, given the clientell that is part of the equation.

We are in a society where we live longer and people throughout the course of their life can have physical limitations or hardships that can cause issue, keeping from being able to function/live in normal fashion through age progression.

I prefer to use the handicap portable restrooms because they are by far always cleaner, and you can move around inside the unit a lot easier.

The smell is normally "less" since the other ones are getting the most use.

Here are some pictures of handicap portable restroom facilities:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 02:30:28 AM by DUNBAR PLUMBING »

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 05:26:24 AM »

My buddy Bing plumbing.     has a nice rental toilet trailor.    Since the economy slowed down doesn't use it at all.     When things were booming he had it rented out from time to time.  It was a big hit at out door weddings and receptions.       He never pushed it at all.    I would like to have one just to promote our bidets.        I have some ideas on how it would be good for us.     I just don't have the cash for such a thing.     heck I need a new plumbing truck first.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 12:15:17 AM »

I would almost say that only a select few could manage to jump into a business like this.

I personally couldn't deal with the price shoppers, especially when I know and understand how much the big picture is in set up cleaning, pumping fees and return to inventory to do it all over again.

There's only 3 companies that really own the market here in my area.