Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Are you feeling the effects of running Drain Cleaning Equipment?  (Read 2580 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile

Some of you who will find this thread that have been in the field long enough will realize that drain cleaning is quite the task, given how much the job entails or what needs to be done in order to clear a drain.

For quite some time I've realized that anytime I run my smallest machine, a tub/kitchen sink drain machine I'm having much difficulty with my hands hurting. Repeated use is pretty rough on the hands and doing more than

two jobs in a day, aggressive drain cleaning jobs is tough.

Carrying/lifting equipment isn't so bad but it seems the work conditions can be tough when you are stuck in situations where you are using your body inappropriately and can sometimes strain yourself as a result.

But the biggest complaint I have is my hands. Everything else I manage quite well.

Any of you had shoulder surgery, back surgery, knee or hand surgery from prolonged use of drain cleaning equipment?
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Are you feeling the effects of running Drain Cleaning Equipment?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »

My small k50 sectional has no effect on my hands but I fought with a K60 on 2 bad jobs in one day.      I thought it advanced my carpotunnel 20 years.              Good cleanout location so I'm not all bent over like a monkey humping a football and I'm O.K.

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:42:38 AM »

It's been so long since I've used drain cleaning equipment.   all my ailments have healed ;D

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 08:51:50 PM »

What's amazing is this past week, after running 5 drains I managed pretty well, no ongoing pain for days afterward.

I had my machine slide to the front of the truck tonight, pretty good hit but the machine is turned sideways inside the truck. That pretty much keeps the powerfeed from being damaged like it was years ago. I've got a anti-slip mat to put in there after I get it clean.
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION