Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Laundry Tub Faucets  (Read 3704 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Laundry Tub Faucets
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:48:56 PM »

If you have a old style laundry tub faucet, the type that you have to crank down to shut off the water, here is a new type of faucet that we commonly install now for our customers.

I can say without a doubt, every single customer we have installed this faucet for, wishes they would of installed one years ago. Most of the time these older faucets become very difficult to turn on and off, which makes the task of using the fixture more difficult. Of course, a total rebuild of the faucet, meaning faucet seats, faucet stems and sometimes handles would be the fix. The problem however is removing the habit of hard cranking down the faucet handles which makes the rubber washer inside go bad. When this happens, you can have a perfectly good seat washer not hold up to "normal" wear and tear.

With the new style/type of faucet, the operation of the faucet doesn't involve "cranking" to shut the water off, and prevents misuse of the faucet.

Here is a video of that new faucet in operation. More pictures and video to follow of a recent job we did locally in our area.

Before video (old style faucet)

Video after the faucet was replaced, along with new 1/4 turn shutoffs serving the washing machine

[/b]
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Re: Laundry Tub Faucets
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 12:48:55 AM »

We replaced another one of these older style laundry tub faucets recently and I'll post a new thread showing the steps we took to make a more useful operation of faucets and valves.

Every customer I've changed faucets for wishes they would of done it years ago. Always a good statement to hear, knowing the value of the expense was worth it.
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Laundry Tub Faucets
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:15:01 PM »

I see tons of those faucets in basements Never getting used because the valve doesn't work.           I can't believe I never offered to replace one.    I try to be a little better at sales than that.