Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Plumbing Trucks  (Read 13669 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Plumbing Trucks
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:05:08 PM »

:( I get to find out tomorrow how rough it is going to be losing my truck.

Leaking oil out the turbo, needs other things done to the motor, still under warranty. I know that diesels get 500,000 miles on the motor before a true overhaul, but DAMN they are expensive when injectors or glow plugs go bad.

Then, you're constantly changing fuel filters because of dirty diesel fuel, having to plug them in when it is cold out, have to use additives for the fuel to keep the fuel from turning into phlegm in the tank or even worse, mold.  :wtf:

I'll find out wednesday the seriousness of the problem, thank goodness the warranty is only going to cost me $100 for this event. I'm hoping...
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Plumbing Trucks
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 02:25:30 AM »

Here's ole yeller in action!

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 09:34:43 PM »

Here's my truck from a couple years ago, having problems with this truck right now...

Not a valid youtube URL[/youtube]

Crash later that year, 2008

That yellow box van has a crate motor 460. That body is identical in suspension (almost a 2 ton) used for ambulances across the country. I spent nearly $5000 in suspension and brakes, exhaust and other items in 2008. Sat all of 2009 until last week. Runs like a champ! It should though, brand new motor from ford. It rides great too...like a freaking cadillac on the road.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »

Here's the picture off the front page of our website:

That truck as of today is a thorn in the side. Needs work and is about out of warranty.

A Toyota Tundra is getting to be more and more a good idea.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 12:40:18 AM »

Took the truck back to the dealership, turned out to be a O-ring leaking on top the fuel filter. This was causing fuel to leak all over the top and onto the ground.  :o

I eyeballed a E350 cargo van, 10' Reading Bed with remote locks, lighting, all aluminum bed. I would be buying down this time but they need to find a red one before I even consider. Pretty temping when a 10 year warranty, lifetime oil changes are being offered.

I'll see if they find anything soon on the national front.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 01:20:19 AM »

Over the past weekend this truck, inbetween 2 water heater replacements finally let me know that you cannot get 62,000+ miles out of a set of rear disc brake pads. :sign0098:

:stupid:

The downfalls of owning a loud diesel truck, when you cannot hear when the brakes are going bad.  :o

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 02:49:25 AM »

Twice since these new brakes have been installed on my truck, the ABS has been engaging without warning which is extremely dangerous when it happens.

You literally do not have brakes at that point as it freewheels and it feels like you lost your brakes.

It happens very randomly, and sunday if we are not running service calls I'm going to find out if the master cylinder has been damaged or not.

Tonight on the way home I was trekking at 50mph and all of a sudden a loud BAM! happened while I was driving, like I somehow just drove over a large metal plate on the road.

What happened is the ABS tried to instantly engage and the momentum of the wheels turning at that speed through it into freewheel which I didn't know until I started to approach an intersection and had to slow down.

Has me very cautious at this point as I don't want to have an incident with the brakes in this manner.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 01:30:32 AM »

I have an appointment later in the week with a dealership to see where we are on the numbers between their vehicle and mine...have no clue what the difference is but I bet it's in the thousands. 

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 02:31:32 AM »

I have an appointment later in the week with a dealership to see where we are on the numbers between their vehicle and mine...have no clue what the difference is but I bet it's in the thousands. 

Well, later on in the week happened sooner than later. We went to ford to discuss the purchase of a E350 utility cargo van with a 10' reading box. The problems started when I realized the salesman had alcohol on his breath which was disappointment on that establishment as a whole, along with the fact that my truck, even after my 2 visit there and 3rd complaint, still leaking profusely from numerous spots underneath the vehicle.

Continued...

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 02:56:07 AM »

They took a look at my truck, drove it and basically told me to take off, we'll be in touch. This was the final straw and I shouldn't of been there to begin with, especially when I'm sitting there with their product malfunctioning and they're avoiding the issue. That was the final nail in the coffin.

Went directly to Toyota, 6 hours later I became the owner of a HD 2010 Toyota Tundra with a 5yr/60,000 mile warranty 4X4 with lifetime oil changes.

Truck is bright red and the truck will come installed with a brand new red utility cap with rear french door design, just like my last two trucks. I've made the decision to scrap/destroy the aluminum cap that has been used for nearly 9 years in the business. I'll post pictures of the new truck later next week when I take posession of it.

If I would of kept my truck I currently have, I'd been faced with the following repairs:

1. 4 new tires $1300.00
2. New brakes, possibly rotors $300+
3. Fuel Filters $55
4. Oil changes 3 @ $85 each occurrence
5. Right mirror repair $$$?
6. Turn signal switch rework $349
7. Numerous engines repairs that would lose its warranty in july of this year. The history of this motor pretty much indicates I'll be spending money sooner than later.

I know I did the right thing getting away from this time bomb.

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 04:13:34 PM »

YAHOO nothing like a new vehicle.     Man I like that big yellow beast you have.     Other than putting gas in it. that would be the whip for plumbing.    I was just in a maintence guys truck. it was a used DHL truck.      fricking awesome.       Even if it was 4 feet shorter It would be awesome.      I forgot gas engine..........8mph.   Ouch 

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 12:42:10 AM »

YAHOO nothing like a new vehicle.     Man I like that big yellow beast you have.     Other than putting gas in it. that would be the whip for plumbing.    I was just in a maintence guys truck. it was a used DHL truck.      fricking awesome.       Even if it was 4 feet shorter It would be awesome.      I forgot gas engine..........8mph.   Ouch 

I got your message today, just got busy at the last minute, had to go sign papers on the new truck. For some reason they had to rewrite the contract and it was mainly for the gap insurance on the vehicle, which I found to be a very valuable insurance over the term of the loan. Meaning...my own insurance won't give it to me given it's a commercial use vehicle.

It's the difference between what is owed and what it is worth, and for sure; that vehicle when it hits the curb will lose thousands of dollars in value instantly...but I cannot worry about that.

I would of rather bought used but the warranty and payment, since nothing I could do would let me go down without getting into a really old vehicle was going to work.

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 06:59:11 PM »

I know it is a bit bigger than I need but I'm still drooling over the big yellow truck.      Oh boy I could keep it all in there and stand strait up looking for it.     

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 05:53:58 PM »

man That picture has got me wanting a bigger truck!!!!!!!!!!

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 11:22:19 PM »

I like lots of space, and there are tons inside of it, but that constant climbing gets old.

A fast lift that would raise you in and out would be great, I'll have to throw that on the inventor's table when I ever have time off.

Like that ever happens.  :o