Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Toilet Replacement on Lloyd Avenue in Florence Kentucky  (Read 5901 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Toilet Replacement on Lloyd Avenue in Florence Kentucky
« on: January 07, 2010, 12:50:06 AM »

Tonight we replaced a toilet for a repeat customer. The last time we was there I believe we did some plumbing repairs involving the tub. We was called out for a leaking toilet, it was an

older Eljer toilet that had metal tank to bowl bolts that were leaking. I suggested to the customer that replacement of the toilet is the best financial choice.

Customer agreed, said that the toilet had a horrible history of clogging frequently. I advised her to consider two well known toilets at the big box stores and choose which one would fit her needs.

The customer chose to go with an American Standard Champion 4 which was one of the toilets I recommended. The other was a American Standard Cadet 3 which is the cheaper model against the Champion 4.

Realistically the nature of spending these days from cosumers is heavily played at big box stores. People love the ability to buy numerous items at a store, not just plumbing only. This isn't good for plumbing supply houses in many ways but I cannot see how they are able to compete at this point on these levels.

We've recommended other brands like Toto before but the cost differences and the quick ability for consumers to either go to the store or browse through a website with ease creates the buying experience that statistics are proving, works.

Here is the video we took tonight of the American Standard Champion 4 Toilet Flushing in Action

Not a valid youtube URL[/youtube]
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

LEAD INGOT

• Member Ranking +2/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Toilet Replacement on Lloyd Avenue in Florence Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:48:07 AM »

I recently installed a toto drake in my house. I've been installing new product in my home, so I can give a real opinion to my customers. I have been debating between the drake and the champion 4 and went with the drake. It does cost more but wow it actually does what it claims. I'm going to be adding a basement bath next year and I think I will give the champion 4 a shot. I'd like to have two water closets that work great at two differant price spectrums.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:30:48 PM »

I've installed many Toto Drake toilets in my day...until the american standard gang came to town. Isn't it freaking amazing, how many issues the champion 3 had, people furious with the product and swore never to use again...then the champion 4 comes out which power blasts water through it.

A Toto Drake in my area costs $350 plus the toilet seat. Tax and out the door, roughly $400. They certainly do not need plunging hardly ever but people instantly think I've struck a deal with the supply house to sell the product for more, make some coin somehow when I'm trying to get them to commit to that plumbing supply house model.

If the price points were closer, I could manage a Toto in a customer's home...but these two toilets from american standard are cheap compared to other brands in the store, which has them being installed more.

I miss putting them in.

cougfan

• Member Ranking +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:38:46 PM »

toto drakes are what i recommend and western pottery has a good flusher also that isn't such a big hit to the pocketbook

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »

I was just told I can only get the TOTO drake in 1.28 gallon.     I won't recommend them any longer.      They still flush awesome

Themaster

• Member Ranking +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 04:56:06 PM »

I was just told I can only get the TOTO drake in 1.28 gallon.     I won't recommend them any longer.      They still flush awesome
Wow thats great info to know. Thanks for passing that on :sign0098:. I'm going to call my friend and see if they have any of the 1.6 left in stock so i can scoop them up.

cougfan

• Member Ranking +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 11:50:57 PM »

In the great state of washington, the city of seattle  is offering coupons to the public to replace their toilets with 1.28 flushers.You can redeem the coupon at HD

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 04:11:21 PM »

I've got a friend who wants a great toilet.       I guess I'll sell him on the  Cadet 4 since Dunbar recommends them so highly.     

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 10:45:38 PM »

People seem to be comfortable with the purchase, and no way at all there are clogs with this toilet.

Most are paying under $200.

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 07:12:38 PM »

Under 200 bones!!!!! How is the finish compared to Toto?   Is that for an ADA?      I just put in a customer paid for drake 1.6 gallon,ADA in today.     looked great and flushed great.       but for around 200 bucks that is awesome. 

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 09:28:52 PM »

Yep; priced pretty reasonable and they are ADA...the bowl is more round in the inside as well.