Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Flooded drain fields  (Read 4232 times)

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
Flooded drain fields
« on: December 26, 2009, 07:44:26 AM »

Here in west Mi. water tables seem to be coming up to old levels of the 1950' and 60'.        This is causing trouble with peoples septic drain fields.        I'm getting more and more calls from people on septic that just had them pumped 1or 2 months ago and the system is starting to back up again.       Well now they think they need a plumber.     I go I dig the lid off and sure enough it's a full septic again.   Then I explain how the system works and prepare them for a big bill from the septic tank and drain field installers
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

ForceBuilders

• Member Ranking +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Flooded drain fields
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:31:21 PM »

When dealing with backed up septic's, are there any codes in your state for the safe handling of the lid and dirt that has been removed from around the septic it's self? What if any type of certification courses might you advise for the handling of human waste associated with the excavating of a septic drain field or tank?
ForceBuilders

ILPlumber

• Member Ranking +11/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »

My state (IL) requires contractors to be licensed as private sewage disposal contractors. The guys in the pump trucks have to be haz/mat trained.

kyle181

• Member Ranking +15/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 05:45:51 PM »

Whats up ILPLUMBER?

Redwood

• Member Ranking +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »

Whats up ILPLUMBER?

I guess its official you guys are joined up in a lip lock... :o

ILPlumber

• Member Ranking +11/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 11:39:51 PM »

Whats up ILPLUMBER?

WTF? Are you stalkin me? Are you now going to make worthless posts on multiple forums I frequent? Get a life.

SewerRatz

• Member Ranking +2/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 01:55:44 AM »

I is stalking all of you ;D

Redwood

• Member Ranking +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 08:17:33 AM »

Maybe this should be split into a separate thread on Forum Cyber Stalking...
Last Year on I was stalked across several forums by an individual and it was rather disturbing especially when private messages or, posts in other forums were added into the conversation.
It can be rather disturbing when you have a person showing up everywhere you are present on the web some places posting in a threatening tone and others just posting hi and smiling minutes apart with you not even knowing who you are dealing with.

What's even more disturbing is when the moderators of a forum refuse to do anything about what is going on. Well things have a way of working out...

I carefully observed the other persons posts and actually figured out who he was right down to his home address and a Google street view picture of his truck in the driveway. Interestingly enough at that point the problems ceased and we actually talked and found ourselves getting along. Fortunately for you IlPlumber you are a moderator in the other forum and at least privilege of seeing Kyle's ISP Address and knowing where he is from...

Imagine how difficult that is when you don't know if you have a nut job after you on the web and maybe he lives in the next town over and will show up on your doorstep because he figured out who you are.

ILPlumber

• Member Ranking +11/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 08:48:01 AM »

That's very insightful Red.

And you are correct, I have access to his personal info.

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 03:30:13 PM »

When dealing with backed up septic's, are there any codes in your state for the safe handling of the lid and dirt that has been removed from around the septic it's self? What if any type of certification courses might you advise for the handling of human waste associated with the excavating of a septic drain field or tank?
ForceBuilders

None that I want to know about.         When I pull a lid on a very full tank sewage only slightly comes up and gets the dirt in the hole wet.    In my opinion it's no big deal.     I'm sure to some it's the end of humanity