Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Commercial Faucets  (Read 2920 times)

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
Commercial Faucets
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »

I know restaurants faucets get hard  use,  but did you ever notice how bad they are always dripping.        I feel bad when I replace the cartridges in a chicago brass faucet because they are pricey and I know they will be dripping in know time. then I look like the idiot.         so my question is how are those ceramic replacement cartridges holding up?
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Re: Commercial Faucets
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 02:42:49 AM »

Good subject.

Anytime you have a plumbing fixture whereby multiple users are operating the devices, everyone is going to be turning them off at different strengths.

There's one restaurant I work for that has T&S faucets for their 3 bay sink. I started putting those ceramic cartridges in to help quell the costs involved in regards to leaking water...but it always seems to come back sooner than later.

The "best" type of faucet setup I've seen that caters to saving water costs? Foot pedal valves along with spring loaded type valves. On the spring loaded type you have to turn left or right, and as soon as you let go it returns to an off position, no way around it. Think of a water fountain bubbler and how it works.

Foot pedal valves are very expensive but those who have them incorporated into their equipment setups are ideal for using...unless you need to fill a compartment. Has to be better than just wasting water.

Seems to me that those ceramic type cartridges just don't last as long as they should.

PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:35:29 AM »

I like the fact that T/S and  Chicago brass are good  looking and solid brass, but I think a cheep Delta type faucet would work better.     Maybe they would be destroyed under such hard use.             

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:25:37 AM »

Some friends of mine were in the plumbing supply house looking at push buttons for a hand wash sink in an Appleby's that was always dripping.     The foot peddle was to expensive,    I said the push button on the spout would ware the spout out,     They talked to there boss.      Boss had an electric eye faucet at the  shop.    problem solved so far.     That was a good idea for the hand wash sink.