Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Pulled a cleanout cover out of a drain.  (Read 2423 times)

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
Pulled a cleanout cover out of a drain.
« on: January 26, 2010, 06:32:17 PM »

A guy knocked a 4 inch C/O cover into the drain and about 9' down the pipe.     I used the Mytana camera and the sewer machine with a pig tail retriever.     that went good.   I pulled the C/O all the way to the wye (yes a real clay wye) at the bottom of the stack.     it wouldn't make the turn so I pulled a little harder and out came the cable with no C/O.      ran my camera down and no C/O.    it popped up the other side of the wye a foot of 2.     that was a pain just getting the camera looking the wrong way.        I ran my k50 down the floor drain with the home owner looking at the camera yelling when I pushed the cover or when I went past it.    finally we got it to the wye and pulled it out.            Oh what a job!!!!!       I think I'm going to start making retrieving tools for the camera.     
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Re: Pulled a cleanout cover out of a drain.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »

A guy knocked a 4 inch C/O cover into the drain and about 9' down the pipe.     I used the Mytana camera and the sewer machine with a pig tail retriever.     that went good.   I pulled the C/O all the way to the wye (yes a real clay wye) at the bottom of the stack.     it wouldn't make the turn so I pulled a little harder and out came the cable with no C/O.      ran my camera down and no C/O.    it popped up the other side of the wye a foot of 2.     that was a pain just getting the camera looking the wrong way.        I ran my k50 down the floor drain with the home owner looking at the camera yelling when I pushed the cover or when I went past it.    finally we got it to the wye and pulled it out.            Oh what a job!!!!!      I think I'm going to start making retrieving tools for the camera.     

You are on to something big right there Mike.

I'm thinking battery operated and remote controlled, that way it works independent of the camera itself.

I know that would be some serious technology though, and have to make it break proof as well.

PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION

saysflushable

• Member Ranking +34/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pulled a cleanout cover out of a drain.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »

I'm thinking first I'm going to make an adaptor for a magnet.        I have taped a few onto the camera head to pull metal stuff out of the drain.    Next I'm thinking about a little grabber that attaches like a  grabber they use at the supply house to get stuff off the top shelf.        Maybe ridgid can build it then sell it for $2400.00 bucks and all the plumbers can tell them how great they are for making such a great product.