Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: DUNBAR PLUMBING AROUND THE INTERNET  (Read 2369 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
DUNBAR PLUMBING AROUND THE INTERNET
« on: December 31, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »

Here is a growing list of plumbing forums we have participated in, currently belong to, moderate or admin across the internet

FindPlumbing.com - Joined back in 2002, participated in forum discussions relating to plumbing. Was promoted to forum moderator within one year. Became forum administrator this year and helped remove/rebuild website from massive advertising/spam infiltration. Website is slowly recovering and maintains 1st page status for keywords "Plumbing Forums" on Google. Hoping to bring back site to the traffic/member interaction it had years ago. Still an active member at this plumbing forum.

Plbg.com - Joined back in 2002, participated in plumbing discussions regarding products, work practices and hotly debated topics about workmanship issues spanning across the globe. Became an advisor and served a short tenure as moderator until longstanding members returned. A current member and advisor to this day.

MasterPlumbers.com - Joined back in 2002- Became a member, quickly became a moderator with John Aldrich (Septic Tank Yank) to help with the volume of traffic. Became forum administrator back in 2007, currently active as a member/administrator.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:08:18 PM by DUNBAR PLUMBING »
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Re: DUNBAR PLUMBING AROUND THE INTERNET
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:50:34 PM »

DoitYourself.com - Joined back in 2003. Became a member then soon became topic moderator of numerous categories. Moderated there for numerous years until 2008 when I was demodded due to inactivity. I became involved with other interests and could not devote time in an already busy schedule. Attempted to return as a topic moderator earlier this year and could not commit to the time involved to make it count. I post randomly there from time to time depending on the topics of interest. If I see anything dangerous or totally incorrect in the flow of a conversation I will jump in and offer advice. Some conversations and specific topics that I created have seen anywhere in the range of 10,000-15,000 views. A nice community that caters to those in need of assistance with simple tasking of plumbing and other plumbing related topics. Current 'regular' member in good standing.

Stemdoctor.com - Joined back in 2002, the site was a simple, one page design that had more spam than actual posts. Repetitive questions and was difficult. Was promoted to moderator and gained control of posting and attempted to correct. Owner of site tried numerous formats to create a good working forum community. Forum has been disabled since 2008, website is mainly a read only type format.

SelfHelpForums.com - Joined back in 2003, I've seen this site grow in leaps and bounds. Became a moderator soon after I became a member, based on my background of plumbing knowledge. Numerous types of forum softwares have been used for this site, currently in Vbulletin. A couple years ago this site was hit with a severe infiltration of spam/advertising that has suffered as a result, but is doing well now. Great community and has been on the internet for some time. Still an active moderator of this website to this day, participating on the board from time to time.

TerryLove.com - Became a member of this forum community back in 2004-2005. Great community of people there with some longstanding members. Good knowledge base for plumbing products including toilets, water heaters. Joined this site with the relief that I didn't hold the responsibility of being a moderator, which was very refreshing. I reached burnout stage in the years I've been on the internet tasking those talents on numerous plumbing forum communities.

Ridgid.com - Became a member in 2007 to expand into another forum community whereby tools and equipment were primarily the hot topics. Forum Community offers a large base of self-employed business owners which offers a good knowledge base in varying discussions. It is also a forum that I am a member only, and I find it enjoyable/relaxing to entertain comment/discussion at random, participating in topics I feel are worth looking at and belonging to.

PlumbingZone.com - Forum community devoted strictly to professional plumbers only. Active member since 2008, website offers intense discussions of plumbing relating to business, work practice, operations and product reliability issues. Conversations are well developed and offers a good knowledge base. Current and active member.

And here are some others that we belong/participate at:

HolmesonHomes.com
houserepairtalk.com

2 forums in the UK:

plumbing.freeforums.org
www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:01:06 PM by DUNBAR PLUMBING »
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION