Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: West Virginia Coal Mine Explosion Kills 25 - More Feared Dead  (Read 1412 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile

MONTCOAL, W.Va. – An explosion at a remote coal mine with a history of safety problems killed 25 workers and at least four others were still missing early Tuesday more than a thousand feet underground in the worst U.S. mine disaster since 1984. Read more...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_mine_explosion 

Every year you hear about these types of accidents at coal mines. Kentucky has quite a few working coal mines and the dangers of working underground are high. High hazard work indeed. I feel sorry for those families, even though they know that every day they see their husbands go off to work, there's that one in a thousand chance that they might not come back.

The lure to those jobs is higher pay than a normal factory job, and with that comes danger with any high hazard profession. Plumbing is in that same category when it comes to dealing with the nasty germs we are in contact with on a regular basis.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:46:45 AM by DUNBAR PLUMBING »
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION