Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

Dunbar Plumbing Forums - Northern Kentucky's 1st DIY Plumbing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

CALL DUNBAR PLUMBING 859-359-4833 WWW.DUNBARPLUMBING.COM

Author Topic: Worst Tornado Season Ever Recorded  (Read 2679 times)

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
  • Northern Kentucky Plumbers Plumbing Forums
    • View Profile
Worst Tornado Season Ever Recorded
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:54:15 AM »

Been slowly watching this all unfold from the great plains with concern for all the people who have lost truly everything, including some that lost family members.

It's always easy to surmount what loss is to some, but unless you've lived what these people are going through... it's like leaving for work one day and all you come back to is nothing. No clothes, no food, no property to speak of because it was blown a mile one direction away with no chance to find it.

Many prayers to those families struggling right now and it will be many months before they have anything to call home in the time to come. I would say fema trailers will be their makeshift living acquisition in the meantime.

On another note,

I'm fascinated by the destruction in the method of how the internet and technology now records these events in a real time design. The weather channel was pulling live feeds all day yesterday that was showing the formation clouds becoming a tornado.

Here is a tornado ripping a truck to shreds. I personally have never been able to witness the destruction as it happens, only from a past tense point of view with mainly still frame pictures.

Here are pictures of what Oklahoma went through last night. I'd say insurance companies are going to be spending more than they are making this year in premiums.

Here is a loop feed reflectivity map of the United States from any vantage point to see the current weather patterns. I have it set to my region but you can click on the boxes below to see any incoming weather 24-7.

Here is the facebook Weather Channel Page that deals directly with all the latest information that has important warnings and emergency information.

There is a live feed that also will have streaming video that is taken from storm chasers in the area where the storms are currently in.

Here are some videos that are currently updated from time to time of weather caught on tape.

TOR:CON Index is a rating given to predict the likelihood of a tornado.
PLEASE VISIT www.DUNBARPLUMBING.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Other Sites of Interest Dunbar Plumbing OutdoorEventSeating.com KoldBreeze.com NKYTalk.com NKYFairs.com

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Tornado Season Ever Recorded
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »

Video of the tornado aftermath in Joplin Missouri. This is by far the worst destruction I've ever seen by one tornadic event.

DUNBAR PLUMBING

• DUNBAR PLUMBING FORUMS
  • Administrator
  • Member Ranking +414/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Tornado Season Ever Recorded
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 10:16:26 AM »

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES OF JOPLIN MISSOURI AFTERMATH

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-201_162-10007861.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody